A Partridge in a Pear tree is taken from the Christmas carol that has that repetitious melody, pretty phrases, and a list of strange gifts: The Twelve Days of Christmas. Enhance your partridge with Liquid Glitter and Sequins.
- Poster Colours Paint
- Pearl Paint
- Liquid Glitter
- Polyballs 20mm & 40mm
- Sequins Flat
- Pearl Pins
- Sequins Large
- Satay Sticks
- Laser Shred
How to make a Magiclay Partridge
- Use a small section of a Satay Stick to attach the small Polyball to the large Polyball to create the head and body of the partridge.
- Model the Magiclay over the two balls to create a textured head, body and tail. Pinch, squeeze and model the Magiclay to create a freestanding bird.
- Paint the bird with Poster Colours and Pearl Paint and when dry, paint Liquid Glitter over the bird. Set aside to dry.
- Pin a flat Sequin with a Pearl Pin into either side of the bird’s head for its eyes.
- Cut away a shape from the large Sequins to create crest feathers and push them into the top of the bird’s head.
- Cut a beak shape from a large Sequin and push it into the front of the bird’s face.
- Place the partridge in a nest of Laser Shred.